Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Taking advice

I was playing a normal game as Caitlyn, a long-range ADC* (see definition below) player. She has a nice escape propelling her backward while launching a net to slow your pursuer, and a mega-long-range ult that deals a ton of damage. Shame it's a traveling projectile that can be blocked if another hero gets in the way, but that makes for some fun saves.

A Silver division pal was spectating, and gave me some advice. I had been building items almost exactly in the order shown in the Recommended Items page. It worked well enough, and I have a pretty good record with Cait in ranked games: 15-8.

He recommended I buy the Vampiric Scepter before getting any boots, then get the damage. I tried it, and here are the results:


I went 8/1/8, and we won pretty handily. Supposedly their Pantheon was being a complete dork gameplay-wise, but I don't usually have such an extreme disparity between kills and deaths. I'm more likely to go 8-6 or something. I'm not sure if it had much to do with the build, but I did find myself not needing to go back to the base as often.


*ADC = Attack Damage Carry. Weak early game, must be carried by the team. Deals tons of damage late game, and then can carry the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment