Thursday, June 19, 2014

Promoted to Bronze 2

I haven't written anything for quite some time about LoL, because I felt stuck in a rut. Every time I would get to the top of Bronze 4, I would go on a losing streak and be back at the bottom. Or worse, back in Bronze 5.

So I practiced and practiced for months, usually playing a game a day, often more. Still I could not break out of Bronze 4. So I did something drastic:

I took lessons. I paid AotW Lemons for two 1 hour lessons a week apart. He was a great coach, and helped me a lot. We played a game each session, with me as Cait (my main) and him as support. We were on Skype, and he told me what I was doing wrong as it happened, and told me which things I did well.

Turns out I was doing pretty well with CS (getting gold from killing minions), but badly with positioning. I was not using Cait's range to its fullest advantage.

One month later, I was promoted to Bronze 2. From the bottom of Bronze 4 to Bronze 3 I went on a winning streak of about 7 ranked games in a row. Here's the chart of my LoLKing score:



The results of the game that promoted me follow:



My duo partner was Skarner, a Silver 3. Note that I'm in a game with nobody ranked lower than Bronze 2 here, and I went 13/7/14 with Ziggs mid. The things Lemons helped me with on bot lane have improved my game all over the map.

So if you're a long-time struggling LoL player who is still stuck in the bottom ranks, let me recommend you take a few lessons. It's worth the money and time. Also, LoL is a game that gets more fun as you get better at it!

Next target: get to Silver 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment