Saturday, June 29, 2013

First time with LeBlanc

LeBlanc was on sale, so I bought her. I'm always hesitant to buy a champ who has an ability that requires controlling more than one unit (Mordekaiser, Shaco), but I decided to try it.

So I did what I always do with a new champ: go play a game of Dominion. I know the mode well from over 300 games, and my win ratio is approaching 50% after coming to terms with its peculiarities. Also, I have figured out that Twitch really kicks ass in it.

At the start, I warned my teammates that I would be a bit on the noob side, as I was trying LeBlanc for the first time, and they said they didn't mind. During about the first 5-10 minutes, the complaints came out. "LeBlanc, do something!" "You're useless." So I just muted the losers, and continued playing.

I soon came to like her abilities, which allow some serious sneakiness and big AP damage. She can warp to a location nearby, dealing damage to everyone near, then start moving. If she re-triggers the ability soon after, she pops back to the original location. The ult just re-triggers the last-used ability, and adds damage to it. So you have some good flexibility. Need to double up on damage? Do the damage ball twice in a row. Need to pop somewhere again? Do the warp again.

Well, what do you know. We won, I had 2nd most points on my team, and capped 11 towers, while the person with the next most had 7. I also had the same kill/death score as the first guy to complain at me (4/7), while he came in last or second last in points on our team. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment